Being a stay at home mom we need a window to the outside world besides picking our kids up from school, talking to the cashier at the store or when we maybe get a chance to get out with a girl friend, who half the time is as busy as we are.
Needless to say by my blog and many of my “Online friends” blogs that we turn to the world wide web for comfort on everything from keeping in touch with people we know (or met online but are really cool) to online banking and some of us even online business.
Everything is web based these days. Shopping, banking, gambling, information of every kind you name it it’s online. Which brings up the subject – knowing when you’re addicted to the world wide web.
Here are ten ways to tell you are an Internet addict:
1) The first thing you do when you wake up after making coffee is check your online accounts like email, facebook, Twitter etc even if it’s via mobile device.
2) You keep an online blog and update it on a regular basis even if absolutely nobody reads it.
3) You have subscribed to more than 5 news letters or online forums of interest.
4) You require more than one email address to keep everything web based on track.
5) You refer to your online friends as friends in conversation with people offline.
6) You find yourself using online lingo in everyday speech (example telling your child you’ll BRB)
7) You have the highest speed of Internet your provider offers because loading time is of the essence when surfing the web.
8) You email, MMS or SMS your spouse more than have verbal conversation in the course of 24 hours.
9) You have either wifi or 3G network enabled mobile device just so you can keep in the now with your online world.
10) You’ve read, laughed and nodded at most of these.
Now get off the Internet and go read a book 😉
Until next time – Keep Dreaming Always
— Until next time…Keep Dreaming Always, @iDream1